Monday 30 May 2016

Writing Oomp for you in June + a podcast interview

Who needs a little motivation with their writing this coming month and wishes Camp NaNoWriMo was on already? I don't want a huge goal, but I know I need something to keep me accountable. And Kendra was thinking it was happening in June. I made that mistake last year so I remembered last year. So I thought we could make up our own little group of people who want to write in June.

You don't have to have a big goal to join in. Mine is 15,000. Kendra's is 30,000. My little brother might be doing 12,000. You can do 10,000 or 100,000. (though I will think you are mad if you attempt the latter)

If you don't know much about Camp NaNoWriMo it doesn't matter. What we are doing here is having an an author chat and accountability group.

And if you think you might be working on multiple projects that should be okay. I'm not sure whether I'll be writing Lady of Courage or rewriting Girl of the Rumours. Just make sure it's something with an increasing word count.

We're going to do it through a Google hangouts group and a spreadsheet to  keep track of everyone's word counts. It'll be rather like a cabin for Camp. I've even got graphs that look a little like Camp ones. And you don't need a gmail address to do this.

If you see this any where in the  first half of June you're welcome to join in. I've made this lovely Google form for you to sign up. I promise I won't use your email for anything apart from this without your permission.




Speaking of Google Forms, I just got interviewed on The Very Serious Writing Show and talked about beta reading. And I mentioned using Google forms for signing up for beta reading and that I'd never made a Google form. And here one is. They're as easy as I expected.

You can check out the interview at thatguywiththehat.com 

Tell me what you think. And tell me what your writing plans for the month are, or reading plans if that's what you have.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you were on The Very Serious Writing show...I plan to listen to the episode tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. please. I'd love to know what you think about my ramblings.